Residents can learn more about the Draft Environmental Impact Statement (DEIS) for the proposed Durham-Orange Light Rail Transit Project at two information sessions this month.
The workshops follow the release of the Draft Environmental Impact Statement/Draft Section 4(f) Evaluation (DEIS) on August 28th. The document reports on the environmental, transportation, social, and economic impacts associated with the transportation improvements in the Durham-Orange (D-O) Corridor, and the proposed 17-mile light rail project between Chapel Hill and Durham.
“At these sessions, we’ll give participants an overview of what’s inside the environmental report,” said Natalie Murdock, Interim Manager of Communications and Public Affairs. “We also want them to know where they can find specifics in the document about the project.”
The dates and times for the public information sessions are:
- Tuesday, September 15, from 4-7 P.M. at the Friday Center in Chapel Hill, NC
- Saturday, September 19, from 2-5 P.M. at the Durham Station Transportation Center in Durham, NC
Two formal public hearings on the DEIS will be held. Each speaker will have two (2) minutes to comment. The dates for the public hearings are:
- Tuesday, September 29, from 4-7 P.M. at Grumman Auditorium in the Friday Center, 100 Friday Center Drive, Chapel Hill, NC
- Thursday, October 1, from 4-7 P.M. at the Durham County Commissioners Chamber, 200 E. Main Street, Old Courthouse – Second Floor, Durham, NC
The public, project partners, government agencies, and stakeholders can review the DEIS on the dates referenced above in several ways:
- Review a copy of the DEIS on the D-O LRT Project web site at www.ourtransitfuture.com
- Review a copy of the DEIS at www.gotriangle.org
- Review a copy of the DEIS at public libraries in Durham and Orange counties
- Review a copy of the DEIS at GoTriangle’s Administrative Offices
There are many ways to provide comments (e.g., express support, concerns, or questions) about the proposed D-O LRT Project and the information in the DEIS:
- By comment card at two public information sessions and two public hearings
- By email to email@example.com
- By postal mail to: D-O LRT Project – DEIS, c/o Triangle Transit, P.O. Box 530, Morrisville, NC 27560
- In person during public hearings in Chapel Hill and Durham
- Through the D-O LRT Project’s website at www.ourtransitfuture.com
GoTriangle anticipates that the EPA will close the public review and comment period on October 13, 2015.
If you have questions, please contact Brad Schulz, Communications Officer, at 919-485-7434 or firstname.lastname@example.org; or Natalie Murdock, Interim Manager of Communications and Public Affairs, at 919-485-7569 or email@example.com.